The Center for Problem Gambling provides counseling and support services to individuals who need help with their gambling problem. We provide a full range of services, including:
- Gambling Disorder Diagnostic and Assessment services
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Individual and Group counseling for concerned significant others
- Continuing Care services
- Recovery Coach services
- On-site Mental Health assessment & counseling services through Capital Counseling
- On-site Couples and Family counseling services through Capital Counseling
- Harm Reduction counseling
- On-site Gambler Anonymous (GA) Meetings
- Community education outreach services
We have been funded by New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) since 1996, and are committed to serving anyone affected by a gambling addiction. Treatment is confidential and provided regardless of a person’s ability to pay. Our gambling counselors have significant experience working with problem gambling, and include therapists who are Nationally Certified Gambling Counselors.
As the largest and only stand-alone gambling disorder treatment center in the Capital Region, we maintain a working relationship with the New York Council on Problem Gambling as well the Albany Dept. of Health and Capital Region addiction treatment providers.