The Center for Problem Gambling provides counseling and support services to individuals who need help with their gambling problem. We provide a full range of services, including:
- Gambling Disorder Diagnostic and Assessment services
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Individual and Group counseling for concerned significant others
- Continuing Care services
- Recovery Coach services
- On-site Mental Health assessment & counseling services through Capital Counseling
- On-site Couples and Family counseling services through Capital Counseling
- Harm Reduction counseling
- On-site Gambler Anonymous (GA) Meetings
- Community education outreach services
We have been funded by New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) since 1996, and are committed to serving anyone affected by a gambling addiction. Treatment is confidential and provided regardless of a person’s ability to pay. Our gambling counselors have significant experience working with problem gambling, and include therapists who are Nationally Certified Gambling Counselors.
As the largest and only stand-alone gambling disorder treatment center in the Capital Region, we maintain a working relationship with the New York Council on Problem Gambling as well the Albany Dept. of Health and Capital Region addiction treatment providers.
Our Professional Staff
The staff at The Center for Problem Gambling is entirely comprised of experienced gambling disorder counselors and each has extensive training and expertise in dealing with the effects of problem gambling.
If you or someone you know is a problem gambler, Center for Problem Gambling can help.
CPG Program Director
William Hill, CAS.ED, M.ED., CASAC, G
CPG Program Coordinator